Department of Livestock and Aquacultural Research
Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation
Department of Livestock and Aquaculture Research
- The Department of Livestock and Aquaculture Research (DLAR) was established by the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation on 1st April 2022 in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar. This new department was launched according to the Chairman of the State Administration Council Prime Minister’s instruction at a meeting to develop Nay Pyi Taw on 17 August 2021. DLAR aims to foster innovation, research and development in the livestock and fisheries sectors using modern techniques in order to achieve proportionate development and contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- The policy of Livestock and Aquaculture Research Department are as follows-
- The participant of the private sector in the modern technique development research activity in the livestock and fisheries.
- Exchange of modern technologies in livestock and water industries cooperation with international organizations.
- Conservation of genetic resources, conversation of animal resources, production of high-quality breeds of livestock resistant to climate and pest diseases.
- Relation to conversation of animal resources department collaboration with organizations.
- Government organizations to educate farmers and fishermen, non-governmental organization.
- Coordinating and drafting quality standards for the development of livestock product markets. Participation in the distribution of information on price and trading principles.
- Through innovative livestock and aquaculture research, an inclusive, competitive, food and nutrition secure and sustainable livestock and aquaculture production system that contributes to the socio-economic well-being of livestock and aquaculture producers and rural people as well as fostering national economic growth.
- (a) International and national-level livestock and fishery research organization and carry out sectorial research activities and human resources development.
(b) Conservation and management of breeding stock for the livestock and fisheries sectors, breeding production of pure breeds, food development management, to carry out research activities to obtain technology and innovations that can used in clinical practice for disease prevention and treatment.
(c) To develop market research activities to ensure that livestock and aquatic products of breeders, farmers and fishermen are available ass high-quality product for the market.
5. (a) To conduct research on regional food security and nutritious Livestock and aquaculture products.
(b) To carry out research on sustainable livestock and fisheries production.
(c) To perform research on food science, food technology, and the development of high-quality products.
(d) To focus research on the development of livestock and aquaculture business, as well as the socio-economic status of farmers.
(e) To operate research on conservation of terrestrial and aquatic animals’ genetics and natural resources.
- To manage research on breeding, upgrading, maintenance and production of novel and high-performance breeds.
- To develop extension services for the livestock and fisheries research.
- To undertake research on production chains of marketable value–added animal products.